Do you want to master Java and get your dream job as a Java Developer? You may already know that Naukri.com, the largest Indian job search site, now has around 100,000 job openings. java developers, But how long will it take to learn Java?
The answer to this question is not as simple as you might think. This will include many factors, such as your previous programming experience, whether you are self-studying or taking a class, and how much time you are willing to spend in the learning process.
It also largely depends on what resources you will use to learn Java. Today we will explore all these factors to give you a better understanding of how long it might take you to learn Java.
What do we mean by ‘Learn Java’?
Before we answer how long it takes to learn Java, let’s first establish what we mean by this. When we say “learn Java,” we don’t mean you mean “Hello, World!” can write. Program. To start your career as a Java Developer or Junior Java Developer, you need to be able to do much more than that!
You should have a good knowledge of the Java language, be familiar with the Java programming ecosystem, and have practical experience developing Java applications.
In short, learning Java means being able to write Java code that is both correct and efficient for solving real-world problems within a professional setup. Simply put, you need to learn Java well enough to develop your career as a professional Java developer.
What are the steps to learn Java?
Let’s start this discussion by answering the most basic question. What do you start with to learn Java? Once you know the learning process, you will automatically know how long it will take to become a professional Java developer.
Your entire Java learning journey will start with Core Java, which you can think of as your alphabet.
Step 1: Learning Core Java
No matter which developer path you choose to follow in the future, you will always start with core Java. These include: Basic Concepts of Java Language and basic syntax.
While learning and practicing your Java syntax, you will need to become familiar with other topics such as classes, methods, primitive types, operators, if-else statements, arrays and loops, and strings, all of which are fundamental concepts of this programming language: Hindi.
Many other concepts are also integral to core Java, which you will gradually learn. This includes:
- OOP: OOP or Object Oriented Programming is one of the specialties of Java that lets you create objects with both data and methods. One of the major advantages of OOP over procedural programming is that OOP lets you build fully reusable applications with less code.
- java collection: Java Collections is a framework that provides you with a number of classes and interfaces that support data structures, such as Lists, Maps, Sets, and Queues. You will learn to use these data structures when working with Java applications to solve everyday tasks.
- Java Exception: Exceptions occur during the execution of the program, which interrupt the normal flow of the program’s instructions. Java exceptions are classified into two types: checked and unchecked. You will learn about both types of exceptions and how to handle them in your Java code.
- Algorithms and puzzles: Algorithms are a fundamental part of computer science, and you need to know how to use them when working on Java applications.
- Multithreading: Multi-threading allows you to execute two or more threads simultaneously for maximum utilization of CPU.
- Pattern: A solid idea about Java Design Patterns will introduce you to the most common programming problems.
- unit testing: The unit testing process lets you inspect your source code behavior in a variety of situations. You can then identify and fix bugs early in the development process.
- lambda: Although it is technically possible to skip using lambdas as you learn and practice Java, we have found many Java developer positions in the job asking specifically for fluency in code manipulation with lambda expressions. That’s why we recommend that you include it in your learning framework.
- Numbering: This is where things move forward. Serialization in JSON, RMI and Sockets will help you build your projects and even take them to professional ventures.
This list may sound overwhelming, but don’t worry—there are hundreds of practice lessons here. code gym university To start learning Java from scratch.
Step 2: Learning Java Add-ons
After getting familiar with Java Core, the next task is to learn Java add-ons as they help you participate in real-life projects. Some common examples are:
You don’t have to own them at this stage. But the practical knowledge of each add-on will help you choose the right career track soon.
Step 3: Choose your specialization and proceed
At this stage, you have to choose your particular career path. There are three main paths for you to choose from:
- java developer
- mobile app developer
- QA Automation
Read also: How to Become a Software Developer Fast?
How long does it take to learn Java?
Three major factors will determine your estimated time duration to learn Java. These are:
- Your level of expertise in the programming language
- the time you put into practice every day
- The Career Path You Will Follow (Java/Mobile App/QA)
CodyGym surveyed several students, revealing the following trends for those practicing 3-4 hours/day, 5-7 days/week:
|level of expertise||java developer||mobile app developer||QA Automation|
|cheater (zero experience)||16 months||13 months||7 months|
|medium (Some basic programming knowledge from school or college)||11 months||8 months||Four months|
|Supporter (Knows one or more programming languages)||3.5 months||3.5 months||3 months|
Based on our research and industry data, you can master Java from start to finish in under 12 months. However, there is a catch. You should have access to good resources, mentorship and practice material.
Which is the best place to learn Java in India?
CodeGym Java University in India Makes you 100% job-ready as a Junior Java Developer in 12 months.
Here are some highlights from the CodeGym University Java course:
- 100% job guarantee backed by industry leading mentors
- Designed for beginners with zero programming knowledge
- Lots of fun content and exercises
- small group and zoom text
- Homework and Course Projects
- Support through slack communication
- professional certificate
- Focus on practical and result oriented education
This 12-month course is an excellent option for all those who want to change industries and start their career as a Java developer.
It is never too late to start learning Java. If you are motivated enough to start your career as a Junior Java Developer within 12 months, you can achieve this. The Java developer community is vibrant and resourceful.
If you’re looking to receive high-quality guidance, counseling, and hundreds of real-life practice materials, CodeGym Java University has you covered. Want to know more about CodeGym? Book your seat on CodeGym Webinar now.